Between Christmas and New Years, I was lucky enough to catch a screening of Anna Biller’s The Love Witch. This gorgeous film presented a funny dialogue between feminists, employing all the technicolor and camp that used to objectify women. As a lover of classic movies and as a woman looking for fresh representation, I cannot recommend seeing the movie enough!
Movie: The Love Witch, a film by Anna Biller
Theater: Richards’ Goat Tavern up in Arcata.
Thoughts: Like everyone’s generic ideal woman, it was beautiful, smart, and funny.
I don’t enjoy reading a lot of long-winded film reviews, so in order to justify my goal of creating more than I consume, I recreated Elaine’s signature makeup look from the film. I don’t have her long gorgeous dark hair (well, wig), but I am pretty happy with my magical Mod look.
- Mirabella Lip Luster Liner in Coy
- Urban Decay Super-Saturated Lip Color in Punch Drunk
- Clinique Acne Solutions Makeup
- IT Cosmetics My Sculpted Face Palette
- Benefit Cosmetics Blush in CORALista
- Benefit Finishing Powder in Dandelion
- Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer in Fair
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Last Sin (from the Vice 3 Palette)
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Shattered (from the Wallpaper Palette)
- Lancome Artliner in Noir
- Benefit They’re Real Mascara
I fully intend to do more of these and to keep improving my makeup skills. See you next time!